Skip to main content

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2012


Merry Christmas all, AGAIN! It is almost the night before Christmas, all is most definitely NOT quiet in the house, the house is a rustle and bustle of activity as we sell off our assets, by the 1st of January 2012 we might own a bed and some wine glasses, still, new beginnings and all.



I am also happy to report that my rock solid husband is human after all, he struck a bit of a wobbly too recently, nothing quite as spectacular as my emotional breakdown, but still, he had some doubt in his mind and contemplated staying in SA. I am to say the least relieved, thank heavens he is human, he has emotions, he is contemplating thinking about thinking...



I wrapped the Christmas pressies yesterday and finally started feeling Christmas, we even listened to some Christmas carols last night as we sipped our single malt whiskey (yes, we are still on a mission to finish all the alcoholic beverages in the house before 8 February 2012). We are in the mood for Christmas, and I am looking forward to my last SA new year for a while - spending it with good friends, I plan on dancing on the table for auld lang syne...dancing on the table is a state of mind, similar to honeymoon not being a place or actual vacation.



Whilst I thought that this would be an utterly shitty time of the year, I am actually fine, I am happy and enjoying life with my little family, doing some shopping as my body finally fits into decent size clothes after two pregnancies, quitting smoking and the life altering decision to move to Australia.



Liam's Christmas wishes were simple, a new tractor (his is broken), new gumboots (wellies), two dinosaurs and a gun, Luka is getting a cuddly doll, adults complicate Christmas, kids are just in it for the magic and the fun.



So, until we speak again in 2012 (!), may you all have blessed Christmases and very happy new year's indeed, wishing you and your loved ones peace, happiness and good health in 2012. Lots of love, Niki xxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...