Skip to main content

32 Weeks and Luka is HUGE

Just returned from a visit to the gynea and the good news is that there are still lots of amniotic fluid, the placenta is working well, and Luka is HUGE...Babies at 32 weeks normally weigh around 1.8 kilograms, Luka weighs in at an impressive 2.2 kilograms, she weighs as much as a baby of 36 weeks. 

The good news, should Luka make an early arrival, she will most probably be fine.  The bad news from a work perspective, Luka could be here as early as within the next 4 weeks.  

Now, that means that I need to pack my bags, I am anxiously awaiting a stork tea that will give me a good indication of what I need, and then I need to pack.  I also need to start considering what I commit to, as an example I am going on a site visit with my board of directors on the 17th of March, in a bus, to a different province...I am not entirely convinced that going into labour in front of the board is such a great idea, so I convinced my boss that we need to go in a separate car so that if need be he can drive me to hospital, nice!

Besides from some serious nasal congestion and the fact that Luka is still head up, I have no complaints, this pregnancy really is a dream when compared to Liam's.  So now, I placed myself on a go slow at work, I only do what really needs to be done, the rest of the time I get pampered (pedi's, facials, massages etc) and I shop.  I also lunch quite a bit.  I could easily get used to this!

So watch this space, will be updating you on Luka's pending arrival soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...