Skip to main content

I have an amazing husband

So as you know, I am not a very emotional touchy feely sort of person, but today I must brag a bit about my husband.

I need to put it into context first though. The average man hardly ever listens when his wife / girlfriend talks. I have on numerous occasions asked Gerhard to do something / buy something etc and then he tells me that he forgot. Or that he did not hear me...

Gerhard and I live in the real world where we tell each other things like "Gerhard, I want 212 from Caroline Herrera for Christmas, it is perfume, get me the big bottle, you can buy it from Woolworths or Dischem".

We always do a small surprise for the stocking though, so this year, my surprise was a spa voucher and a picture of a black dress. I was confused to say the least, but then Gerhard explained.

I have been searching for a very simple dress with long sleeves, a mini for some time. I have been in all the stores; I have searched far and wide, and found nothing. I mentioned this to Gerhard; I even have the shoes picked out that I will be wearing with this dress, if I EVER manage to find it!

Gerhard then started searching for this unicorn of dresses himself, the poor man who hates malls spent hours looking for my dress. In the end, this being Pretoria in summer, he found a dressmaker, and she was making my perfect dress as Santa was making his way across the sky.

I picked up my dress this morning and it is EXACTLY what I wanted, best of all, it was tailor made for me, on instruction of someone that loves me dearly and who measured me for this - the dress is friggen perfect!

Beat that for the most romantic gift ever!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...