Skip to main content
For someone who does not really get emotional I sure love a good wedding!  A colleague got married on Saturday and it was beautiful.  Really stunning, filled with hopes and dreams of forever after, the stuff movies are made of.

There really is something about a wedding, maybe it is all the wine that makes me feel the way I do, but I sort of get all warm and fuzzy inside, a strange feeling.  The brides are always gorgeous, the grooms handsome, I tell you, mushy.

And the groom quoted from "Leap Year" in his speech, such a nice quote:

"May you never steal, lie, or cheat, but if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows, and if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life, and if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn't live a day without you. Cheers!"
I really am quite into quotes these days. 

It was also Liam's school annual sport day on Saturday, they participated in activities such as potato on a spoon race, wheelbarrow racing, feed the baby.  Liam was absolutely finished when the day came to an end, Luka loved it, remember she is a stay at home baby that does not get out often!

Then yesterday was my sister Tanja's birthday and we had loads of fun, Tanja and her husband and my brother Albert and his wife came for breakfast.  It does not happen that we all get together, so when we do it is truly special.

And being the good super trooper that I am I even went to the gym yesterday.

All in all a hectic but enjoyable weekend spent with friends and family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...