Skip to main content

Sleep, who needs it, again. Still?

Goodness, I need my sleep, I need rest!  I am exhausted and I promise you I am only standing here by the grace of phedra cut...

Gerhard and I got really adventurous last night, we watched two episodes of Game of Thrones back to back and then went to bed fairly late for people with a small baby in the house.  As we were settling in, Liam started coughing, I had to get up and get him a drink of water...it lasted for about and hour, then Luka started, about another hour.  I must point out at this point that Gerhard has a cold, so he drank some asprins, and slept like a log.

Then Luka was restless, she was crying and niggling most of the night, and the cherry on top, at 3am Liam wet his bed and came crying for clean clothes.  Goodness, I just rolled over at 5am when Gerhard got up and felt like death warmed up a tad.

Then, imagine the shock and horror when gym managed to perk me up!  15 mins of crunches and the like and 40 mins of high intensity cardio, a bit of a session in the steam room and a nice hot shower, loads of make up slapped on and I look and feel like a human being despite the lack of sleep.

I tell you there is method in this madness, you really do start buying into the whole thing after a bit. 

Man, I love the USN 12 week challenge, I feel good, energised and strong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...