Skip to main content

I am sick, worst possible time ever...



We have been rather busy the last couple of weeks, and yesterday was no exception. The afternoon ended with me actually taking a tumble down a flight of stairs (our current house has four levels), with Luka in my arms. In my desperate attempt to not fall on her, I actually hurt my neck, back and bum, so much so that I took some painkillers last night.

This morning I woke up with an aching body and a fever.  I really have no idea what it up, I just feel terrible.  And Gerhard reckons I am a tad on the pale side.  I hope it passes soon and that it is not congo fever or arthritis or some other tropical disease.

Add to that the fact that today of all days, Gerhard has an interview, we need to return our rental car and we have no car seats for the two smalls.  It was hectic, ironing shirts, pressing suits, printing resume's all whilst making sure the poor little family has lunch, Gerhard frantically installing car seats (I must point out that these cost roughly the same as the car) all against the clock.

We also looked at a rental house this morning, goodness I miss South Africa!  Houses here are small, and having one bathroom, one toilet between four people seems pretty common.  So the search continues...the houses are lovely though, the one we saw was on a busy street though, and we will never make that mistake again. 

Excuse the ramblings, I am hallucinating...so without further ado, I will go and iron something, on the spot.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...