Skip to main content

A bit busy...

We have had a couple of hard weeks this side, Luka keeps on getting sick despite the fact that she is a stay-at-home baby, work wise it was hectic, it is as if a million things were happening at the same time, take last week as an example. 

I was in the office on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was spent in Illovo on course, Thursday and Friday was bliss, a client function at Sun City. 

This also marked the first time Gerhard and I ever spent a night away from Liam, bear in mind that he is three years old.  Poor Luka, abandoned at five months...well, they did not even know that we were gone!  Luka had my sister Tanja, her husband Jaco and Sekai there, Liam got a special surprise, a remote control car.  So all in all everyone was happy.

Best part, Gerhard and I realised that we should actually do this more often, it is a crying shame that it took us three long years to abandon Liam.

The function was amazing, world class, sadly, Darren Scott would have been the MC but a last minute decision was taken not to use him, probably the right thing to do, I am livid, barking mad at Darren, I love him.

Bobby van Jaarsveld was the main attraction, not bad, the real showstoppers were Buchanan and the silver flutes, corny I know but wow!  Check them out on you-tube, truly amazing men!

Gerhard played golf on Friday, Liam had grandparent day at school, a million things all happening at once.  Scary! 

So things are settling down again, will hopefully have more me time soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...