Skip to main content

Spring in the air

Jip, you guessed it, spring is finally here!  Yesterday marked the arrival of Spring and oh my, we are just having amazing weather right now, I am loving it.

Liam went to school this morning carrying a large bunch of flowers, they will be handing these out at the offices and primary school in Midstream, and he is wearing his spring crown, very proud!  He is just such a cutie right now.  He if of course so proud of the crown, because we made it ourselves.  It is a tad on the pink and girly side, so we added some manly green caterpillars and some red lady (erhm) man bugs last night.

Best news, Luka slept all through the night, two nights in a row, man, I feel like a new person, I actually have the energy to work today, although we will be having a spring day braai later on. 

I am just in such a happy space that Julius and the ANC cannot get me under right now.  Loving life, loving my little family.

On a foodie note, we are making our own take aways on Fridays, Liam really loves helping and it is just good family fun all around, so tonight, Pizza Friday.  I got some pizza pans from @ Home, according to those in the know, these pans with holes in the bottom are an absolute MUST for home made pizza.  I am already looking forward to it!

Weekend wise, no plans, just chilling with the kids and spending some time outdoors!  Luka unveiled her feet to the world last weekend, the first time ever she wore something other than long sleeved babygrows.  Goodness, she has cute tiny pink feet.

So this is me, off to spend time outdoors, till next week!  Happy spring people.  Don't forget the sunblock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tinsel and all that glitters

And so the 1 st of December happened and we put up a tree.  A very simple version of a story that is just a tad longer… As in the past, I decided not to put up a tree at home as we leave for our annual beach holiday soon in any event.  Well after seeing trees, baubles, glitter and what not on Facebook, I felt extremely guilty for denying my kids the pleasure of Christmas for two whole weeks whilst my virtual friends’ kids were all rolling in the tinsel.  So I decided to put up the tree after all, how lazy can one person be.  Out came the box and the tree and the lights and horror of horrors, we are missing a leg.  So Luka and I went to the mall last night and got a new tree, a bigger tree and more sparkly things than we need.  If it says Christmas, and if it even has a hint of glitter, we have it, we even have fairy lights running up our balustrade, we have baubles and glitter and advent calendars, I really went to town on this one.  It is just that Christmas takes on a s

Raising Luka

A miracle happened in the past week and a half.   Luka went from being an utter little shit to a rather cute little girl.   We are still reeling with shock, waking up every morning waiting for an earth shattering blood curling tantrum, and then she calmly walks into our room, gets in bed with us, cuddles a bit and drinks her tea and off she goes.   We are literally dumbfounded by the turnaround in our little girl, and we are too scared to even speak about this, let alone tell strangers on a blog about this.   Luka is just different.   Not a single teacher ever described our Luka without using words like ‘feisty’, ‘strong willed’, ‘determined’.   Good when you are Margaret Thatcher or Helen Zille dealing with issues like unemployment and corruption, bad when you are a two year old girl with a mom and dad short of patience. What changed? I think two things happened, Luka started speaking much better and clearer than before, so we are better able to understand her wishes (comman

24 Weeks and Counting

So I went for my 24 week scan today.  These visits are normally something to look forward to, but in my experience these have never been great as I have received bad / damning news on so many of these.  Well, all is well, Luka weighs 600 odd grams and we could see her face clearly, she looks just like Liam did on his scans.  The placenta is holding and doing its job, so all looks set for an uneventful birth this time - we live in hope!   I also spent the night sewing!  I made some pink cushions for the baby room, amazing how the nesting instinct kicks in when you are pregnant.  I normally hate sewing, but as soon as I am pregnant I cannot resist.  I also thought last night that it is amazing to see life come full circle, Liam fell asleep in front of the television and Gerhard carried him to bed, it feels like yesterday when we were kids and our own fathers carried us to bed.  I am starting to realise every day how we only understand what our parents went through once we have kids