Skip to main content

Days, not months...

Ok, so its officially 15 days to my 40 weeks due date, and maybe 2 sleeps or 9 sleeps to a scheduled C-section, yet, I am so calm about this.

We did the very last minute things on Friday, our camp cot is set up in our bedroom, the angel care monitor is charged and set up, we are all systems go.  Now, if little Luka will just turn into launch position, I will feel much better!
Tomorrow morning at 08:30 we will be going for a scan and some major decisions needs to be taken.  On the one hand, I want to meet Luka and introduce her to Liam and get to know this new little person.  On the other hand, I want Luka to remain safe and snug for the next 15 days and arrive on her own schedule, I do not want her to feel rushed at all.  So to say that I am in two minds...

Liam is seriously excited and cannot wait to meet Luks.  He has it all planned, he is just waiting for her and getting a tad impatient.  He keeps telling her that we have a room, toys, clothes and dummies.  He cannot see why she will not come now, he is ready. 
This morning Gerhard tells me that it was on the news, two kids burnt to death, one was 2 and one 3...they found the two bodies wrapped around each other.  It makes my head hurt and I literally feel a pang inside my stomach when I hear things like this.  Good grief I would die if something has to happen to Liam, heaven forbid it happens to two of your kids.  Makes you appreciate them so much more.  I cannot imagine how any mother would cope after two of her kids die, with their arms wrapped around each other. 

I sure hope Liam and Luka will really love each other.  My sister and I really love each other after some years of turbulence, we are close, speak often over the phone, she loves Liam and I am sure she will adore Luka too.  I love my brother too, but due to an eight year age gap, we really do come from different sides of the coin.  

So Liam, Luka, I hope when you read this years from now that you two really love each other.  I will try my utmost to ensure that the two of you love each other as much as I love you.  I will never play the two of you off against each other as that breeds discontent, I will give my love to both of you equally, I will give earthly goods as and when I can, equally.  Just love each other, its all that we have at the end of the day. 

Till tomorrow when I will know when Luka is coming. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...