Skip to main content

Kate Middleton, I am also having sleepless nights

Oh Kate, I do feel for you hun as I am sure you have had a sleepless night or two recently.  You see, I have been having a couple myself.  You will see, when that first little princess arrives, the nerves when you do not sleep as a result of a newborn is much worse than pre-wedding jitters.  Even though the eyes of the world will be on you today and your dress needs to fill Westminster Abby, I promise you, my sleepless nights are much worse.

Thank heavens we slept last night, sort of, I think we now realise that even broken and interrupted sleep is better than no sleep at all.  The night before last, we put Luka to bed at 21h00, we all fell asleep at 03h00...need I say more?

And as Luka and I were drifting off to sleep yesterday afternoon, the garden services arrived, woe is me.

You see, Luka even at age 2 weeks has very strong food likes and dislikes.  She clearly hates chicken-a-la-king, she hates cottage pie and the list goes on.  Yesterday's diet went like this:
Breakfast: oats
Snack: a banana
Lunch: chicken pasta salad
Snack: half a hand full of peanuts
Dinner: chicken and steamed veg
Snack: 10 grapes

So guess what, first stop this morning is at Woollies, and we will be replicating yesterday's menu to the t...ain't I a lucky girl. 

On the upside, I managed to lose yet another kilogram, total weight loss from 13 April 2011 to date = 11 kilograms!  Every cloud has a silver lining and I might squeeze into something half decent for my dear sister's upcoming wedding.  I promised myself a brand new outfit if I manage to get to my pre-Luka weight by then, so I think Luka is just cheering me on...I hope! 

So what is planned for today you may ask?  Well like the good princesses that we are, we will be putting on our tiara's and watching the royal wedding, Kate, you had better have some bags under your eyes, I will be mightily disappointed if you look radiant and joyous...

Just a little aside note on why parenting is so worth it despite the lack of sleep, Liam told me last night: "Mamma, jy is my beste mamma van my lewe" ah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...