Skip to main content

Sewing and more pinkness

As I have mentioned before I have always seen myself as a bit of a career girl, not too much cooking and sewing happening in my house.  Until I fall pregnant that is.  My husband has some serious concerns, he thinks that I am nesting at 24 weeks, and he recons that is a sure sign that this baby will arrive very early.  I honestly do not know what to tell him, the same thing happened with Liam...

We have enough money to buy whatever we need for babies, yet, time and time again when it comes to the baby room, I have a compulsive need to start sewing.  I simply cannot help myself.  This time round i decided not to attempt a quilt as I did with Liam, thank heavens I had the vision (or good memory) to buy one and not go through all that measuring again, I vividly recall sitting on Liam's room's floor about 34 weeks pregnant cursing to the high heavens as a result of my poor mathematical skills.  As so many times before, poor Gerhard had to help.  There is something to be said for a man that will assist his wife with her sewing projects, it really shows character.

So today I snuck away from work early (its that bad, I love working and would spend all hours of the day at the office if it was not for Gerhard and Liam), I put Liam down for his nap and it started.  I managed to make pink cushions for the comfy chair in Liam's room as well as a cot bumper.  Now just a little time out for some iced tea and then I need to cover the baby changing station as its still a tad yellow from Liam's old room. 

But, I also know I need to get this out of my system today, because by next week, I will probably no longer feel like sewing.

Until next week, when I know that I will develop a need to start cooking...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...