Skip to main content

Paranoia - yes, it seems to be a standing thing for me

Remember my pregnancy paranoia...well, I seemingly suffer from children paranoia too.  You see, Luka was a brilliant sleeper, until she started school.  My initial reaction was that Luka is just settling in and still digesting...Last night Gerhard pointed out that some kids are drugged to sleep the entire day and maybe that is what is happening to Luka.

Now I must just point out that Luka's school is actually called a baby centre, there are 6 babies in her class, two people looking after them, it costs a small fortune (varsity would be a steal compared to this), there are see through windows, so everyone can see right into her class.

So last night my mind started wandering to such an extent that I was ready to appoint an au pair this morning, and maybe even home school both.  Let us be totally honest, it would be significantly cheaper than what I currently pay.

I had visions of people drugging my cute baba, of her sleeping in her bed the whole day.  Of her little mind being under stimulated, so of course when she woke this morning, I started singing to her, massaged her, read a book (cover to cover), did some baby exercise, crossed the midline and I will most certainly be doing the same again later this evening.

When I dropped Luka at her class this morning, we were in such a state that I left the formula container (containing formula) at home.  And of course when seeing the class I calmed down again, these are nice people and I guess that nobody becomes a baby school teacher just to get back at the babies.

What a cynical lot we are...

Liam is the baker at school tomorrow, and the teacher sort of hinted at the fact that we might feel like making some savoury treats, so I was seriously thinking of little sausages and pieces of cheese on kebab sticks.  Then Gerhard pointed out that the baker man (i.e. Liam) would only be as popular as his wares, so I caved and we will be decorating some Marie biscuits with icing sugar and Smarties tonight.  My fall back position is rice crispie and marshmallow treats...Only company secretaries have fall back positions for baker man days ;)

On a side note, happy wedding anniversary Gerhard, love you lots like jelly tots, has it really been 5 years?  We celebrated with breakfast seeing as Sekai is in Zim this week, i.e. no babysitter...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leopard print boots

Liam recently insisted on getting a new pair of sneakers, he no longer wants the velcro kind, he wants proper shoe laces.  We went to Woollies on Sunday, the three of us, within minutes Liam found the perfect pair of shoes.  Army camo...high top sneakers no less.  Happiness.  Keeping these shoe laced tied when you are almost five and unable to tie them, well lets just say that that is a story for another day, when you have more time... Luka in this time found her own shoes...she walked past pink, blue, purple, black and brown boots - she walked past Wellingtons, past pumps, sneakers, all lovely in their own right, straight to a pair of boots .  Not just any boots, these are boots made from leopard print fabric, covered in glitter, pink trim, fur lined, imagine the blingest boots on the planet, now multiply your wildest thoughts with about 100 and you may just have some insights into what I am talking about. She put on said boots, probably two sizes too big, ...

The state of the world we live in

Before having kids, I used to read newspapers and watch the news on TV all the time.   My current affairs were really very up to date and I knew the names of most heads of state and had insights into the economies of several states.   After having kids I know the names of all the teletubbies, I know the words to most nursery rhymes and I can recite the content of a couple of kid’s books when woken at 3am.   I also know that you need more than twenty coins to buy a house.   My knowledge of current affairs these days comes from the bits of news I can gather on the radio in the morning in between getting my brood dressed for school and most of their teeth brushed.   I also need to get myself dressed and hair blow dried, lunches packed and the like in a very limited amount of time.   Getting kids dressed really is an ungrateful job and if I do not check underneath all the winter’s clothes, I fetch Liam at school in the afternoons and see the oddest thing...

Indulgence

My husband jokingly refers to my (numerous) sessions at the spa as my hobby.  He says that if going to the spa was a sport, I would have national colours, I would probably even qualify for the Olympics.  We all have a vice I say, golf for Gerhard, the spa for me, drinking fine wines, smoking cigars, the list goes on.   So this week Friday I am off to the spa with the girls and I cannot wait, I have no preference - I can spa alone or in groups, day, night, its all the same to me.  Upmarket, start-up, once again no preference.  Serious spa where you sip mineral water and eat lemon slices to detox, bliss, more commercial versions where you sip champagne in the spa bath and eat chocolates at the conclusion, any one will do.  I am if you will a spa groupie, anywhere, anytime, anyway... Poor Gerhard though, his hobby is golf, that must be done in conjunction with similarly minded people, mostly men.  They all need to agree on the course, the time, and ...